Simonsoft Content Delivery Service
is an add-on service that distributes your published content to your end customers or internal audiences. The service can be used as a stand-alone documentation portal but also as a a back end CDN and search API as components in your existing web platform.
Your end users will love this
- Customer satisfaction - enables web based, searchable documentation with easy access from mobile devices
- First call effectiveness - making your documentation more accessible and searchable reduces the need for servicel
Benefits for your authoring team
- Productivity - seamless and integrated workflow, from authoring to published content on the web
- Enables frequent updates of content, e.g. for software
- Provided as a cloud service - low investment and maintenance cost compared to developing your own solution
- Implementation speed - get moving with web based documentation within days, not years
Stand-Alone End User Portal and Web/PDF hosting
Configure a full blown documentation portal with fitlers, search, web/PDF access and localization, hosted on your domain (e.g. docs.yourdomain.com). Publish your existing documentation and boom, you have a state of the art portal for your customers.
Integrate with your current web front end - hosting with Static URLs and API access
From lightweight to full feature integration. Use static URLs to PDFs as a starting point and add web publications, search APIs and our language-drop-down to your product centric naviation on your existing web page.
Partner Portal or Internal Documentation Site with Access Control
Publish restricted content to a dedicated area and integrate the solution with your SSO / authentication provider to provide simple access to your content. Ideal for internal audiences or service documentation.
The publication process is fully automated and release of content is controlled from within Simonsoft CMS as an integrated part of your release process.
Your published content is immediately stored and replicated across the globe for lightning fast access regardless where your customers are located.
Stunning Web Publications
Simonsoft web publications are available for both DITA and Book based schemas and are easy to adapt to your style. The base theme template is maintained by Simonsoft and is designed for a great reading experience on all screen sizes.
When delivered to customers using Simonsoft Content Delivery service, the web publications are enhanced with a smart search function and a language drop-down that also allows customers to download PDF versions of the document in their favoured language.
Works with all kinds of publications
The service can be used for classical PDFs, web publications or "headless" HTML5 (typically used when integrating content into other cloud portals or mobile apps).
Search and Language Support
When using the Content Delivery service, web publications are enhanced with in-document search capabilities and a language drop-down that allows users to switch between languages or download a PDF version of the document.
Embeddable Product Documentation Page
The product documentation page displays all documents for a specific product or product family. Clean and easily embeddable HTML5 page (using URL query parameters) without requirements for active server-side components.
Your web front-end can query the search API directly and use this to find publications or even individual topics or micro-content.
Embeddable UI Components
A set of embeddable components are available for integration into your front-end. Examples of such components are a language drop-down and a dynamic product page.
The content delivery service supports several use-cases for app integration - publication and hosting of headless HTML5 publications on static URL or direct consumption of JSON content through our search API.
Access Control to your Published Content.
Restrict access to your content based on your business needs. Simonsoft provides a number of options for integrating with your authentication solution.
- Public - publicly available, stable URLs on your own domain
- Internal - authenticated using your Microsoft Entra ID (typically used for internal portals)
- Restricted - move the complete access granting mechanism to your existing portal. The publications are secured with signed URLs.
- Authenticated - Integrate with your OIDC identity provider for a seamless customer experience.